File A Complaint
If you have concerns about the quality of life and care of a loved one residing in a long-term care facility, several resources are available to you. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Below is a listing of state government organizations that may be able to assist you.
Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
A volunteer-based advocacy organization seeking to improve long-term care facility residents’ quality of life and care. Investigates complaints made by or on behalf of residents. All investigations are confidential and provided at no charge.
- Call us at: 1-888-831-0404 (toll-free) or 1-850-414-2323
- Fax us at: 1-850-414-2377
- Write us at: 4040 Esplanade Way Tallahassee, FL 32399-7000
Florida Abuse Hotline (Department of Children and Families)
Charged with providing comprehensive protective services for vulnerable adults who are abused, neglected or exploited. State law requires that reports of abuse, neglect, threatened harm, or exploitation be made to this hotline.
- Toll-free : 1-800-96-ABUSE (800-962-2873)
- Fax : 1-800-914-0004
- Web site : http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/abuse/howtoreport.shtml
Agency for Health Care Administration
Licenses and regulates Florida’s long-term care facilities and provides a toll-free telephone system through which consumers may file complaints.
- Toll-free: 1-888-419-3456 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Web site : http://ahca.myflorida.com/Contact/call_center.shtml
- Fax: 850- 488-6094
Elder Helpline (Department of Elder Affairs)
Provides information regarding elder services and activities in each Florida county.
- Toll free : 1-800-963-5337
- Web site : https://elderaffairs.org/programs-services/elder-helpline-1-800-963-5337/
Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (Attorney General)
Investigates fraud committed by health care providers; corruption in the administration of the Medicaid program; and abuse, neglect and exploitation of the elderly, ill and disabled residents of long-term care facilities.
- Toll-free : 1-866-966-7226
- Web site : http://myfloridalegal.com
- Fax: 850- 410-1630
Division of Medical Quality Assurance (Department of Health)
Protects the public through health care licensure, enforcement, and information; is responsible for analyzing and investigating complaints against healthcare practitioners and facilities, inspecting facilities and investigating unlicensed activity.
- Toll-free : 1-888-419-3456
- Web site : http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/enforcement/enforce_home.html